Lucas distributor condensers
We have comprehensive stocks of all commonly required Lucas distributor condensers.
The quality of the commonly available condensers is very poor, in terms of both the physical fit & the performance /longevity. We have recently dismantled & examined 4 examples of the orange wired versions, from 4 different factories all around the globe. All of which are readily available & prevalent in the UK. The results confirmed our suspicions & why we are having so many phone calls from owners who've fallen victim to them. Original specification Lucas condensers & ours have 3 metres of winding inside, the orange ones have between 1 metre & 1.5 metres. The internal bonding & construction also left a lot to be desired.
FIT OUR YELLOW WIRED CONDENSERS
After a recent very unsatisfactory experience with a "bought in" T series MG condenser, not of our manufacture, we decided to bite the bullet & have a bespoke condenser tester made to our specification. We can now be 100% sure of function prior to fitting & are in the process of making correct T series condensers.
RD7774, top quality resin potted condenser, sold singly.
Often mounted as a pair.
Also known as CD369
Fits Bentley MKVI, Rolls Royce R type and Silver Dawn.
Lucas part number 405833
High quality potted resin condenser to fit Ford 8 and Ford 10 with iron body distributor 40286.
The condenser sits externally underslung in a loop.
Ford number YE12300.
- These are high quality condensers made for us to the correct original specifications, with no shortcuts or skimping in manufacturing processes, which is what causes the reliability issues many users have suffered from.
Lucas originally made three separate part numbers to cover these applications, but we now use one common condenser with bracket variations to achieve the same result.
The capacitance of 0.23 mpf is the same in all applications.
407044 fits DX/DY/DZ & DVX variants & has the bracket in the centre.
400308 fits DK4A/DK6A with the bracket at the end.
484249 fits DJ4/DJ6 /DJ4A/DJ6A.This has the long tail bracket.
- 54411935 / DCB105 condensor to fit 20D8 distributor, on V8 Daimlers & Rolls Royce.
- 54413006 condenser fits DKY4 & DKYH4 distributors, for most T series MG's.
- A very high quality condenser, made in the old fashioned way, with soldered wire connections, and a correctly made foot which allows the condenser to sit down securely into the baseplate as originally intended so it won't vibrate & fail prematurely.
I've been supplying these to Racers & Classic Rally competitors for four years & not had a single failure.
Lucas number 423871 / GSC111, GSC2111.
Suitable for DM2,DM6, 22D, 23D, 25D distributors.
- Lucas Racing Department made a competition condenser for fitting to the 23D4 distributor as used by many "Works" Rally and Race cars, BMC, Mini Coopers & Sebring cars, Ford, Lotus Twin Cams & Rootes. It was encapsulated & soldered into a cage & securely bolted to the baseplate to help eradicate vibration & oscillation at high rpm.
We have remade this part with a very high quality condenser and now offer it for sale as a kit with the necessary cap screw & nyloc.
We also have remade 23D4 baseplates.
- New top quality resin potted condenser to fit 43D,45D and 59D distributors.
The same high build quality as our well established earlier types.
Lucas numbers 54425179, DCB104.
- Due to long term pleading from Triumph & Rolls/Bentley owners , we've departed from our "Lucas only" stance and made a top quality resin potted condenser to suit all the Delco condenser equipped smaller engined Triumphs, many Rolls/Bentley/Bristol applications and a myriad of 1940's and 1950's cars too.
The Delco condenser numbers are: 829111,829107,1861709,1866049,18655972, 1869704,1882239.
Lucas numbers: 54420868, DCB703, UNIPART, GSC104.
- 18D2 distributor condenser, top quality properly manufactured by us.
Lucas number 54410823. Fits most British twins of the 1960's.